LABORATORY OF GENE TECHNOLOGY
In 2003, Hue University set up a Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology, belong to the Center for Resources, Environment and Biotechnology (CREB), Hue University (located at 27 Phan Dinh Phung Str., Hue city).
In November 2007, the Institute of Resources, Environment and Biotechnology (IREB) was established based on the reorganization of CREB, Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology became the Department of Applied DNA Technology.
In 2012, the department was renamed to the Department of Molecular Biology.
In April 2013, the Department was separated from IREB and belonged to Center for Scientific Incubation and Transfer (CSIT), Hue University.
In May 2014, the Institute of Biotechnology (HUIB) was re-established and the Department of Molecular Biology was re-established.
In October 2017, the department was divided into two departments: Department of Gene Technology and Department of Microbiology.
Hoang Tan Quang, PhD
Head of laboratory
Tran Thuy Lan, Msc
|Pham Thi Diem Thi, Msc
Nguyen Minh Tri, Eng
III. RESEARCH INTERESTS
– Production of biological products using recombinant DNA technology for agricultural
– Gene expression regulation in plant and microoganism
– Biodiversity of valuable genetic resources
– Conservation and propagation of valuable medicine plants
– Production of bioactive compounds based on plant cells tissue culture
- Nguyen Hoang Loc, Le My Tieu Ngoc, Tran Thuy Lan, Le Quoc Viet, Le Duc Thao, Hoang Tan Quang, Dinh Thi Bich Lan, Phung Thang Long (2013) Cloning and expression of genes encoding F107-C and K88-1NT fimbrial proteins of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli from piglets, Indian J Microbiol 53(4): 488-491.
- Nguyen Hoang Loc, Ho Thi Thu Lien, Do Van Giap, Hoang Tan Quang (2013). Purification of recombinant neutral protease (NPRC10) by partitioning in aqueous two-phase systems, European Journal of Experimental Biology 3(2): 252-257.
- Nguyen Hoang Loc, Nguyen Thi Quy Hoa, Pham Thi Kim Cuc, Hoang Tan Quang (2013) Expression of chitinase (chi42) gene from Trichoderma asperellum in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Annals of Biological Research 4(9):15-19.
- Nguyen Hoang Loc, Le My Tieu Ngoc, Hoang Tan Quang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Nguyen Ngoc Luong (2016) Cloning and expression of two genes coding endo-β-1,4-glucanases from Trichoderma asperellum PQ34 in Pichia pastoris. Chemical Papers 70(3): 284-293.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Cai Thi Quynh Thoa, Trinh Huu Tan, Nguyen Thanh Giang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Truong Thi Bich Phuong, Van Thi Yen (2016) Study on genetic diversity of Paris polyphylla population from Vietnam and China. Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology 17(1&2): 57-63.
- Nguyen Duc Huy, Nguyen Thi Thanh Tien, Le Thi Huyen, Hoang Tan Quang, Truong Quy Tung, Nguyen Ngoc Luong, Seung-Moon Park (2017) Screening and production of manganese peroxidase from Fusarium on residue materials. Mycobiology 45(1): 52-56.
- Quoc-Dung Tran, The Hung-Anh Mai, Tan-Quang Hoang, Van-Giang Tran, Thi Phuong-Anh Vu (2017) Genetic diversity of loach Misgurnus anguillicaudatus (Cantor, 1842) in Vietnam by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA analysis. Journal of Chemical, Biological and physical sciences 8(1): 106-119.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Trinh Huu Tan, Nguyen Thanh Giang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Tran Minh Duc, Le My Tieu Ngoc. 2015. Initial study on on in vitro culture of Paris polyphylla Smith for saponin production. Pham Van Dong University Journal of Science and Technology. 7: 5-11.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Trinh Huu Tan, Nguyen Thanh Giang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Truong Thi Phuong Lan. 2016. Effects of methyl jasmonate on saponin accumulation in cultured suspension cells of Paris polyphylla Proceeding of the 2nd national conference on biological research and teaching in Vietnam. 1176-1183.
- Nguyen Thanh Giang, Hoang Tan Quang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Nguyen Huu Thuan Anh, Truong Thi Phuong Lan, Nguyen Hoang Loc. 2016. Effect of elicitor on asiaticoside accumulation in Centella (Centella asiatica (L.) urban) cells. Vietnam National University Journal of Science. 31(4S): 44-49.
V. SCIENTIFIC AWARDS
2017 Co Do award in science and technology
Title: Development and application of recombinant microbial enzymes.
Author: Nguyen Hoang Loc, Do Thi Bich Thuy, Tran Thi Thu Ha, Hoang Tan Quang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Nguyen Bao Hung, Nguyen Thi Quy Hoa, Le My Tieu Ngoc, Nguyen Ngoc Luong