LABORATORY OF GENE TECHNOLOGY
In 2003, Hue University set up a Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology, belong to the Center for Resources, Environment and Biotechnology (CREB), Hue University (located at 27 Phan Dinh Phung Str., Hue city).
In November 2007, the Institute of Resources, Environment and Biotechnology (IREB) was established based on the reorganization of CREB, Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology became the Department of Applied DNA Technology.
In 2012, the department was renamed to the Department of Molecular Biology.
In April 2013, the Department was separated from IREB and belonged to Center for Scientific Incubation and Transfer (CSIT), Hue University.
In May 2014, the Institute of Biotechnology (HUIB) was re-established and the Department of Molecular Biology was re-established.
In April 2019, the department was divided into two departments: Department of Gene Technology and Department of Microbiology.
Hoang Tan Quang, PhD
Head of laboratory
Tran Thuy Lan, Msc
|Pham Thi Diem Thi, Msc
Nguyen Minh Tri, Eng
III. RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Production of biological products using recombinant DNA technology for agricultural.
- Gene expression regulation in plant and microoganism.
- Biodiversity of valuable genetic resources.
- Conservation and propagation of valuable medicine plants.
- Production of bioactive compounds based on plant cells tissue culture.
- Nguyen Hoang Loc, Le My Tieu Ngoc, Hoang Tan Quang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Nguyen Ngoc Luong (2016) Cloning and expression of two genes coding endo-β-1,4-glucanases from Trichoderma asperellum PQ34 in Pichia pastoris. Chemical Papers 70(3): 284-293.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Cai Thi Quynh Thoa, Trinh Huu Tan, Nguyen Thanh Giang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Truong Thi Bich Phuong, Van Thi Yen (2016) Study on genetic diversity of Paris polyphylla population from Vietnam and China. Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology 17(1&2): 57-63.
- Nguyễn Đức Huy, Nguyễn Thị Thanh Tiền, Lê Thị Huyền, Hoàng Tấn Quảng, Trương Quý Tùng, Nguyễn Ngọc Lương, Seung-Moon Park (2017) Screening and production of manganese peroxidase from Fusarium on residue materials. Mycobiology 45(1): 52-56.
- Quoc-Dung Tran, The Hung-Anh Mai, Tan-Quang Hoang, Van-Giang Tran, Thi Phuong-Anh Vu (2017) Genetic diversity of loach Misgurnus anguillicaudatus (Cantor, 1842) in Vietnam by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA analysis. Journal of Chemical, Biological and physical sciences 8(1): 106-119.
- Van-Thuan Nguyen, Van-Giang Tran, Tran-Trung Nguyen, Tan-Quang Hoang, Quoc-Dung Tran (2018) Genetic diversity of earthworm Amynthas rodericensis (Grube, 1879) (Clitellata: Megascolecidae) in Vietnam by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA analysis. Journal of Chemical, Biological and Physical Sciences. Section B 8(4): 870-883.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Bui Le Thanh Nhan, Tran Minh Duc, Tran Van Giang, Pham Thanh (2018) Study on genetic diversity of Curculigo orchioides Gaertn populations from Vietnam, an endangered medicinal herb. Plant cell biotechnology and molecular biology 19(7-8): 293-301.
- Dung Q. Tran, Thien V. Tran, Quang T. Hoang (2018). Genetic Relationship of Two Agamid Lizard Species in Vietnam by Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA Analysis. Life Science Journal 15(10): 36-42.
- Nguyen Quang Duc Tien, Le Quang Man, Ngo Thi Ly, Duong Thi Kim Chi, Tran Thuy Lan, Nguyen Xuan Huy (2019). Cloning, expression, and purification of truncated S1 epitope and peptide CT24 fusion protein of porcine epidemic diarrhea virus in Escherichia coli. Plant cell biotechnology and molecular biology 20(3-4): 112-118.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Trinh Huu Tan, Nguyen Thanh Giang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Tran Minh Duc, Le My Tieu Ngoc. 2015. Initial study on on in vitro culture of Paris polyphyllaSmith for saponin production. Pham Van Dong University Journal of Science and Technology. 7: 5-11.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Trinh Huu Tan, Nguyen Thanh Giang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Truong Thi Phuong Lan. 2016. Effects of methyl jasmonate on saponin accumulation in cultured suspension cells of Paris polyphylla. Proceeding of the 2nd national conference on biological research and teaching in Vietnam. 1176-1183.
- Nguyen Thanh Giang, Hoang Tan Quang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Nguyen Huu Thuan Anh, Truong Thi Phuong Lan, Nguyen Hoang Loc. 2016. Effect of elicitor on asiaticoside accumulation in Centella (Centella asiatica(L.) urban) cells. Vietnam National University Journal of Science. 31(4S): 44-49.
- Truong Thi Bich Phuong, Phan Thuy Truc Nhu, Hoang Tan Quang, Le Thi Le Quyen (2018) In vitro shoot regeneration of Adenosma indiana (Lour.) Merr. Journal of Sciences, Phu Yen University 18: 30-37.
- Dang Thi Thanh Ha, Le Kim Tuan, Dinh Thi Kim Thien, Pham Thi Ngoc Lan, Hoang Tan Quang, Tran Thuy Lan, Nguyen Duc Huy (2018) Cloning and sequencing laccase 3 (Folac3) from Fusarium oxysporum. Journal of Sciences, Hue University 127(1C): 1-10.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Tran Thi Dieu, Le Thi Le Quyen, Pham Thi Diem Thi, Truong Thi Hong Hai, Tran Quoc Dung (2018) In vitro shoot regeneration of Adenosma indianum (Lour.) Merr. through callus induction. Journal of Sciences, Hue University 127(1C): 53-60.
- Hoang Tan Quang, Nguyen Thi Khanh Linh, Trinh Huu Tan, Dang Phuoc Hai, Nguyen Thi Thanh Huyen, Tran Quoc Dung (2018) Morphological characteristics and genetic diversity of Adenosma indianum (Lour.) Merr. populations in Quang Tri and Thua Thien Hue provinces. Proceeding of The National Conference of Biotechnology 2018: 1366-1371.
V. SCIENTIFIC AWARDS
2017 Co Do award in science and technology
Title: Development and application of recombinant microbial enzymes.
Author: Nguyen Hoang Loc, Do Thi Bich Thuy, Tran Thi Thu Ha, Hoang Tan Quang, Nguyen Duc Huy, Nguyen Bao Hung, Nguyen Thi Quy Hoa, Le My Tieu Ngoc, Nguyen Ngoc Luong