|INSTITUTE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY, HUE UNIVERSITY
THE ENHANCEMENT OF THE PRESTIGE FOR THE NATION
- In 2003, Laboratory of Molecular biotechnology was established as a part of Center for Resources, Environmental and Biotechnology
- In November 2007, Center for Resources, Environmental and Biotechnology was organized to Institute Resources, Environmental and Biotechnology, Hue University by Decision No. 1080/QD-DHH-TCNS of president of Hue University.
- In February 2013, Department of Biotechnology was separated from Institute Resources, Environmental and Biotechnology, Hue University to unite with Center for Incubation and Technology Transfer, University Hue according to the Decision No. 278/QD-DHH of president of Hue University.
- In April 2014, President of Hue University announced the Decision No. 808/QD-DHH to establish Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University base on Department of Biotechnology of Center for Incubation and Technology Transfer, University Hue.
- In May 2018, Prime Minister announced the Decision No. 523/QD-TTg approving the strategy to develop Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University as National center for biotechnology in Central of Vietnam which has responsibility on innovative research and technology transfer in order to server social demands.
- In July 2018, Institute of Biotechnology became independent member of Hue University as Decision No. 939/QD-DHH of President of Hue University.
Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University organization structure is involved of 02 functional offices, 05 laboratories, 01 department and 02 centers. Staff consists of 02 associate professors, 3 PhDs, 09 MScs, 10 bachelors and engineers. In addition, Institute of Biotechnology collaborates with more than 50 professors, associate professors and PhDs of Hue University and other universities and research institutions.
Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University focuses on basic research of life sciences, core technologies; applied research on gene and cells technology, protein/enzyme, microbiology, biochemistry … in medicine, marine biology, agriculture, aquaculture, food processing and environment; testing and evaluating biosafety of genetically modified organisms, genetic resources and products by genetically modified organisms.
Over the past five years, staff of Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University published more than 150 research papers with over 34 papers in international journals; implemented 3 national projects, 10 ministerial projects, 03 provincial projects, 15 Hue University projects, 04 international cooperation projects and 5 institution projects. Numerous products, processing procedures and utility solutions have been successfully applied to solve problems with highly efficient in the fields of agriculture, aquaculture, husbandry and poultry.
Assoc. Dr. Truong Thi Hong Hai – Director
Assoc. Dr. Nguyen Thi Thu Lien – Deputy Director
Dr. Nguyen Duc Huy – Deputy Director
Address: Provincial Road 10, Phu Thuong, Phu Vang, Thua Thien Hue
Tel: 0234.3984.382; Website: http://huib.hueuni.edu.vn; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org