ENROLLMENT IN DOCTORAL AND PRE-DOCTORAL PROGRAM
I. PROGRAM INFORMATION
1. Doctor of Philosophy in Biology, code: 9420101
2. Doctor of Philosophy in Organic agriculture, code: 9620125 (A pilot training program)
3. Pre-doctor Philosophy in Biology
4. Pre-doctor Philosophy in Organic agriculture
Implementation Institution: Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University
Program curriculum (Download)
II. ENROLLMENT: Selection
III. FORMS OF TRAINING
1. For PhD student
Full-time training: The full-time training program is fully provided in 3 years for candidates holding Master’s degree, and 4 years for whom holding Bachelor’s degree.
2. For Pre-PhD student
The total training program is no more than 24 months.
Pre-PhD student can register for course of 6-months or 12-months each year.
For Doctor and Pre-doctor of Philosophy in Biology: applicants who hold a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree in majors such as: Biology, Experimental biology, Zoology, Botany, Ecology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Hydrobiology, Anthropology.
For Doctor and Pre-doctor of Philosophy in Organic Agriculture: applicants who hold a Master’s degree in identical majors such as: Soil science, Animal husbandry, Crop science, Genetics and Plant breeding, Plant protection…; and applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree in identical majors such as: Agriculture, Agricultural extension, Soil science, Animal husbandry, Agronomy.
V. RESEARCH TOPICS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
1. Research topics
For more information, please click here.
The PhD students at the Institute of Biotechnology are eligible to receive supports following:
+ Sponsorship: 20,000,000 VND by the Institute.
+ Cover tuition fee (up to 100%) and/or other materials (up to 100%) during PhD course by supervisors.
Applicants must check following requirements and make sure before apply for program:
1. Degree and publication
– Holding a Master degree relates with the field of Biology or Organic agriculture.
– Holding an excellent Bachelor degree relates with the field of Biology or Organic agriculture.
– Having at least one scientific peer-review paper within 36 months to the application day.
– General: TOEFL iBT (minimum 45), or IELTS (minimum 5.0) within 24 months validation or Bachelor/ Master degree in English.
– For applicants enrolls in the doctoral program in English (Organic agriculture): TOEFL iBT ≥ 50-, or an IELTS (Academic Test) ≥ 5.5 within 24 months validation or two-level diploma issued by a foreign language University in Vietnam.
– If the candidate does not meet the requirements in Section 1, Section 2, he/she can apply for registration of pre-PhD student. Within a maximum of 24 months, the pre-PhD student may complete and submit the required admission conditions in Sections 1 and 2 to be considered for official fellowship.
3. Research plan (Form 5)
4. Letter of recommendation: 02 (Form 6)
5. Tuition fee
– Following Hue University:
+ For PhD student: 53.000.000 VND/student/year (approximately)
+ For pre-PhD student: 22.000.000 VND/student/year (approximately)
VII. ENROLLMENR APPLICATION FORM
– Application form for international applicants to study in Vietnam (Form 1)
– Original copy of Graduation Certificate of Bachelor/ and Master degrees
– Original copy of Official Transcript of Bachelor/ and Master degrees
– Original copy of English certificate
– Curriculum vitae (Form 2)
– Certificate of employee recording (Form 3)
– Scientific publication record (Form 4)
– Research plan (Form 5) (7 copies)
– Copy of Scientific publication (7 copies).
– Schedule to study (Form 6)
– Letter of recommendation (Form 7)
– CV of expected supervisors (list of scientific papers, books, etc. in 5 years)
– Official Health Certificate from General Hospital.
– 3×4 cm Photo (4 photos)
VIII. ADMISSION ANNOUCEMENT
– Time: Monthly
– Place: Office of Science, Training and International Cooperation – Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University.
Address: Nguyen Dinh Tu Street, Phu Thuong Ward, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue Pronvice
Phone: (+84) 234.3819335
Mobile: (+84) 916.066.357 (Dr. Nguyen Duc Huy)