1. Laboratory of Gene Technology
– Production of biological products using recombinant DNA technology for agricultural.
– Gene expression regulation in plant and microorganisms.
– Biodiversity of valuable genetic resources.
– Conservation and propagation of valuable medicine plants.
– Production of bioactive compounds based on plant cells tissue culture.
– QTL analysis and mapping of interest traits in crops.
– Development of markers and gene-based marker lined to disease resistant genes in crops.
2. Laboratory of Microbiology and Fermentation Technology
– Isolation and identification high value microorganisms.
– Application on using microorganism for treatment environment pollution, aquaculture, enhance food storage and processing, and produce bio-fertilizer.
– Production and application of recombinant microbial enzymes.
– Identification and qualification metabolism of production pathway of high value from microorganism.
– Production of recombinant microorganism and application in industry.
– Production bio-products against pathogenic microorganism in plant and animal.
– Optimization fermentation technology and processing using microorganism.
3. Laboratory Immunology and Vaccine
– Isolation of pathogen microorganisms in livestock and aquatic animals.
– Isolation high value microorganisms for feeding and environmental treatment of livestock.
– Extraction antibody from egg yolk for treatment and prevention diseases affected on chickens, pigs and fish.
– Recombinant expression in Escherichia coli.
– Development high quality diagnostic kits for fast detection such as ELISA, immunochromatography, recombinant vaccines.
– Production antibody using for prevention and treatment of PED (Porcine epidemic diarrhoea), TGE (Transmissible gastro enteritis) in pig, coccidiosis in chickens,…
4. Laboratory of Cell Technology
– Study on in vitro propagation of high value medicinal plants.
– Selection highly stresses tolerance cell lines (drought tolerance, flood tolerance, salt tolerance …) and none-disease plants.
– Production of algae biomass as functional food, feeding for livestock animal and aquaculture.
– Production of high value bioactive compounds and biofuel from microalgae.
– Study on mechanisms of biosynthesis of bioactive compounds in plant and microalgae.
– Study of harmful algae and their toxins.
5. Center for Incubation and Techonology Transfers
– Study and apply scientific and technological subjects in the direction of applying to made products to commercialization.
– Proceeding to register intellectual property and circulation of products in Vietnam.
– Reproduction marine and brackish water fish which species have high economic value (Rabbit fish, Terapon jarbua, seabream,…) and freshwater fish (rice field eel, frog, catfish, loach,…).
– Products: Antibiotics, bio-probiotic for aquatic animal.