ENROLLMENT IN DOCTORAL AND PRE-DOCTORAL PROGRAM
I. Program information
1. Doctor of Philosophy in Biology, code: 9420101
2. Doctor of Philosophy in Organic agriculture, code: 9620125 (A pilot training program)
3. Pre-doctor Philosophy in Biology, code: 9420101
4. Pre-doctor Philosophy in Organic agriculture, code: 9620125
Training Institution: Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University
Program curriculum (Download)
II. Enrollment: Selection
III. Forms of training
1. For PhD student
– Full-time training
The full-time training program is fully provided in 3 years for candidates holding Master’s degree, and 4 years for whom holding Bachelor’s degree.
– Part-time training
The part-time training program is required 3 years in total studying and researching time for candidate holding Master’s degree, and 4 years in total studying and researching time for candidate holding Bachelor’s degree.
PhD. candidate should discuss with supervisor and make the detail study plan for acceptance of HUIB. The candidate should submit the document within 3 months from issuing the decision to recognize PhD student by the President of Hue University.
2. For Pre-PhD student
The total training program is no more than 24 months.
Pre-PhD student can register for course of 6-months or 12-months each year.
The study time for pre-PhD student is not counted in the official PhD time.
For Doctor of Philosophy in Biology and Pre-doctor Philosophy in Biology: applicants who holding Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree of identical majors such as: Biology, Experimental biology, Biotechnology, Zoology, Botany…, or similar majors such as: Crop science, Animal husbandry, Veterinary, Aquaculture, Forestry…
For Doctor of Philosophy in Organic Agriculture and Pre-doctor Philosophy in Organic agriculture: applicants who holding Master’s degree of identical majors such as: Soil science, Animal husbandry, Crop science, Genetics and Plant breeding, Plant protection…, or similar majors such as: Veterinary medicine, Biology, Zoology, Microbiology, Aquatic biology…; and applicants who holding Bachelor’s degree of identical majors such as: Agriculture, Agricultural extension, Soil science, Animal husbandry, Agronomy…
For more information, please click here.
V. Research topics and Scholarships
1. Research topics
For more information, please click here.
The PhD students at the Institute of Biotechnology are eligible to receive supports following:
+ Full or partial scholarships.
+ Sponsorship: 20,000,000 VND/HUIB (Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University) research project for each PhD student.
+ All chemicals or research materials will be supported.
Applicants must check following requirements and make sure before apply for program:
1. Degree and publication
a.) Holding a Master degree relates with the field of Biology or Organic agriculture.
b.) Holding an excellent Bachelor degree relates with the field of Biology or Organic agriculture.
c.) Having at least one scientific peer-review paper within 36 months to the application day.
2. Language proficiency
a.) Holding an English Certificate of TOEFL iBT (minimum 45), or IELTS (minimum 5.0) within 24 month validation.
b.) Applicants have Bachelor or Master degree in countries which have English as official language are passed language requirement.
In addition, for the pilot training program of Doctor of Philosophy in Organic agriculture: if the applicant enrolls in the doctoral program in English, the applicant must have English ability to meet specific conditions following: TOEFL iBT of English score of 50 or higher, or an IELTS (Academic Test) of 5.5 or higher that certificated by an international and Vietnamese organization within 2 years (24 months) up to date of enrollment or two-level diploma issued by a foreign language University in Vietnam.
If the candidate do not meet the requirements of the item c.) in Section 1, and Section 2, the candidate can apply for registration of pre-PhD student. Within a maximum of 24 months, the pre-PhD student may complete and submit the required admission conditions in Sections 1 and 2 to be considered for official fellowship.
3. Research plan (Form 5)
4. Letter of recommendation: 02 (Form 6)
5. Tuition fee
– For PhD student: 1.245 USD/year/Vietnamese student and 2.060 USD/year/ foreign student.
– For pre-PhD student: 11.000.000 VND/6 months/student and 22.000.000 VND/12 months/student.
VII. Enrollment Application form
– Application form for international applicants to study in Vietnam (Form 1)
– Original copy of Graduation Certificate of Bachelor/ and Master degrees
– Original copy of Official Transcript of Bachelor/ and Master degrees
– Curriculum vitae (Form 2)
– Certificate of employee recording (Form 3)
– Official Health Certificate from General Hospital
– Scientific publication record (Form 4)
– Copy of Scientific publication (7 copies)
– Research plan (Form 5) (7 copies)
– Letter of recommendation (Form 6) (2 letters)
– Original copy of English certificate
– 3×4 cm Photo (4 photos).
VIII. Admission announcement
– Time: Monthly.
– Place: Department of Science, Training and International cooperation, Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University
Address: Provincial Highway 10, Phu Thuong Ward, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue Pronvice
Phone: (+84) 234.3819335;
Mobile: (+84) 39.330.8468 (Dr. Nguyen Thi Kim Cuc)