LABORATORY OF MIRCROBIOLOGY AND FERMENTATION TECHNOLOGY
Dr. Nguyen Van Phi Hung
MSc. Nguyen Đang Qui
II. FUNCTION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
1. Function: The Laboratory of Mircrobiology and Fermentation Technology has function to implement of research projects, cooperating under graduated and post-graduated training, consults and transfers in related to Microbiology and Fermentation Technology fields.
- Implementing of projects of basic and applied research in the field Microbiology and Fermentation Technology.
- Cooperating in under and post graduated education training in Microbiology and Fermentation Technology fields with University members of Hue University.
- Transferring of scientific technologies in Microbiology and Fermentation Technology fields.
II. RESEARCH ORIENTATIONS
- Isolating and identifying of high value microorganisms for using in agriculture, food industry, environmental treatment and medicine.
- Selecting of highly active microorganisms for applying in environmental pollutant and aquaculture treatment, food processing.
- Studying and applying of probiotic and prebiotic bacteria in complementation food for animal and aquatic culture.
- Producing of bioproducts for disease resistance of plant and animal.
- Developing and optimizing of fermentation processing for producing value materials form microorganisms.
- Isolating and selecting of enzyme, antibiotic producing microbial strains and developing of fermentation process for producing industrial enzyme, antibiotic from microorganisms using in food industry and medicine.
- Improving and optimizing of traditional fermentation techniques and producing of traditional fermentation products.
- Fermenting of new food products from available agricultural products favorite with current testes.
- Applying of new materials in immobilization of value microorganisms and enzyme in metabolism to produce new active products using in medicine, agriculture, industry and environmental protection.
III. RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Isolating and selecting of Streptomyces sp for control of Phytophtora capsici caused quick wilt disease in black pepper.
- Sustainable replanting of black pepper on effected disease soil by integrated techniques in Gia Lai province.
- Research and evaluate the current situation and changes of soil and water quality around areas of Nhan Co and Tan Rai bauxite mining project.
- Nguyen Van Phi Hung, Shiori Watanabe, Shinji Ishikawa, Norikuni Ohtake, Kuni, Sueyoshi, Takashi Sato, Satomi Ishiib, Shu Fujimaki and Takuji Ohyama (2013). Quantitative analysis of the initial transport of fixed nitrogen in nodulated soybean plants using 15N as a trace, Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, p1-8.
- Astushi Momose, Takahiro Hiyama, Keiko Nishimmura, Noriko Ishizaki, Shinji Ishikawa, Misaki Yamamoto, Nguyen Van Phi Hung, Norikuni Ohtake, Kuni, Sueyoshi and Takuji Ohyama (2013). Characteristics of nitrogen fixation and nitrogen release from diazotrophic endophytes isolated from sugarcane (Saccharum officinarum L ) stems, Bull. Facul. Agric. Niigata Univ.
- Hiyama T, Momose A, Nishimura K, Ishizaki N, Ishikawa S, Yamamoto M, NVP Hung, Chamaiporn A, Ruamrungsri S, Ohtake N, Sueyoshi K, Ohyama T (2013).Estimation of contribution of nitrogen fixation in sugarcane (Saccharum spp.) plants with 15N dilution method in relation to nitrogen supply period, Bull. Facul. Agric. Niigata Univ.
- Nguyen Van Phi Hung, Shiori Watanabe, Shinji Ishikawa, Norikuni Ohtake, Kuni, Sueyoshia, Takashi Sato, Satomi Ishiib, Shu Fujimaki and Takuji Ohyama (2013). Analysis of the initial transport of fixed nitrogen and the effect of O2 partial pressure on nitrogen fixation in soybean using nitrogen isotopes, 18th Nitrogen Fixation conference, Miyazaki, Japan.
- Takuji Ohyama, Ristuko Minagawa, Shinji Ishikawa, Misaki Yamamoto, Nguyen Van Phi Hung, Norikuni Ohtake, Kuni Sueyoshi, Takashi Sato, Yoshifuni Nagumo and Yoshihiko (2013). Soybean Seed Production and Nitrogen Nutrition, In A Comprehensive Survey of International Soybean Research-Genetics, Physiology, Agronomy and Nitrogen Relationships, InTech, Rijeka, Croatia.