LABORATORY OF CELLS
Laboratory of Cells
Dr. Nguyen Thi Kim Cuc
Head of lab.
Phone number: + 84 943112476
|No.||Full name||Title||Degree||Position||Phone number|
|1||Nguyen Thi Kim Cuc||Doctor||Head of lab.||+ 84 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Nguyen Thi Thu Lien||Assoc.Prof||Doctor||Lecturer||+ 84 email@example.com|
|3||Nguyen Van Phu||Master||Researcher||+ 84 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Nguyen Thi Diem||Master||Researcher||+ 84 email@example.com|
|5||Ho Thi Xuan Tuy||Master||Researcher||+ 84 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Nguyen Thi Oanh||Bachelor||Researcher||+ 84 email@example.com|
III. MISSION STATEMENT
Laboratory of cells has function in cooperated graduated and post-graduated program, researches, consults and transfers in the fields cell biology, herbal mushroom and microalgae.
IV. MAJOR RESEARCH INTEREST
- Preservation genetic source of valuable herbs; invitro propagation of valuable plants for commercial purpose.
- Culture of plant cells in bioreactor for extraction of secondary metabolite.
- Screening and Selection of stress-tolerance and disease-free plant varieties.
- Production of algae biomass for functional food, animal feed and fish feed.
- Production of bioactive compounds from plant and microalgae.
- Mechanism of biosynthesis regulation of bioactive compounds from plant and microalgae.
- Mechanism of action of bioactive compounds from herbal plant and microalgae on animal cells.
- Production of functional medicine for antiaging, antidiabetic, anticancer from herbal plant and mushroom, microalgae.
- Research and produce health support products from medicinal mushrooms.
V. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
- Optimal growth culture condition to produce Antler-type Ganoderma lucidum. Grant holder: Institute of Biotechnology, Hue University.
- Procedure to produce biomass of Skeletonema costatum in Thua Thien Hue/ DP-DTTTH.2016-KC.05. Grant holder: Thua Thien Hue province.
- Investigation of new bioactive compounds from green algae Anabaena and Nostoc isolated in Vietnam. Grant holder:
- Application of science and technology in sexual breeding to improve seedling of Ngoc Linh ginseng in Nam Tra My District, Quang Nam province. Grant holder: Nam Tra My District.
- Investigation species and proposed development model to grow Amomum in Thua Thien Hue. Grant holder: Thua Thien Hue province.
- Study on applying molecular indicator to diagnose septicemia disease caused by Pasteurella multocida and P. haemolytica on Phan Rang sheep/ CT-2021-01-DHH-02
- KCT Nguyen, PV Nguyen, HHT Truong (2020). Heavy Metal Tolerance of Novel Papiliotrema Yeast Isolated from Vietnamese Mangosteen. Mycobiology. 10.1080/12298093.2020.1767020.
- VP Nguyen, V Plocek, L Váchová, Z Palková (2020). Glucose, Cyc8p and Tup1p regulate biofilm formation and dispersal in wild Saccharomyces cerevisiae. npj Biofilms and Microbiomes. 6(1):7.
- VP Nguyen, O Hlavacek, J Marsikova, L Vachova, Z Palkova (2019). Cyc8p and Tup1p antagonistically regulate complexity of yeast biofilms. The 30th Fungal Genetics Conference, March 12–17, 2019, Pacific Grove, CA, USA, poster 422W.
- Palkova Z, VP Nguyen, Hlavacek O, Marsikova J, Vachova L (2019). Regulation of Development of Structured Colony Biofilms. XXIX International Conference on Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology (YEAST 2019), August 18-22, 2019, Göteborg, Sweden, poster no. 314.
- TD Nguyen, TR Cavagnaro, SJ Watts-Williams (2019). The effects of soil phosphorus and zinc availability on plant responses to mycorrhizal fungi: a physiological and molecular assessment. Scientific reports 9 (1), 1-13.
- SJ Watts-Williams, TD Nguyen, S Kabiri, D Losic, MJ McLaughlin (2019). Potential of zinc-loaded graphene oxide and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi to improve the growth and zinc nutrition of Hordeum vulgare and Medicago truncatula. Applied Soil Ecology 150, 103464.
- VP Nguyen, O Hlavacek, J Marsikova, L Vachova, Z Palkova (2018). Cyc8p and Tup1p differently regulate development of distinct types of yeast multicellular structures. EMBO workshop Experimental Approaches to Evolution and Ecology Using Yeast and Other Model System, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany, 17 – 20 Oct 2018.
- VP Nguyen, O Hlavacek, J Marsikova, L Vachova, Z Palkova (2017). Two units of CR complex have antagonistic functions in regulation of FLO11 and biofilm development. The 28th International Conference on Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Nguyen KCT., Cho KA. (2017). Versatile functions of caveolin-1 in aging-related diseases. Chonnam Medical Journal 53 (1): 28-36.
- Nguyen Thị Thanh Nga, Hoang Quynh Trang, Trinh Ngoc Hoang, Nguyen Thi Kim Cuc (2017). Isolation and characterization of a thermotolerance entomopathogenic fungus for bioinsecticide development. The 5th academic conference on natural science for young scientists, master and PhD student from ase an countries.
- Luong Hang Thi Pham, Lien Thi Thu Nguyen, Tuan Anh Duong, Sabine Mundt (2017). Diversity and bioactivities of nostocacean cyanobacteria isolated from paddy soil in Vietnam. Systematic and Applied Microbiology 40(8).
- Lien Thi Thu Nguyen, Hoang Tien Hien, Nguyen Trung Kien, Thi Thuy Duong (2017). The occurrence of toxic cyanobacterium Cylindrospermopsis raciborskiiand its toxin cylindrospermopsin in the Huong River, Thua Thien Hue province, Vietnam. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 189, 490.
- Lim JS, Kim HS., Nguyen KCT., Cho KA. (2016). The role of TLR9 in stress-dependent autophagy formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 481 (3-4): 219-226.
- VP Nguyen, O Hlavacek, J Marsikova, L Vachova, Z Palkova (2015). New insights into regulation of Flo11p involved in biofilm formation. The 27th International Conference on Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology, Levico Terme, Trentino, Italy.
- Lim JS, Nguyen KCT, Han JM, Jang IS, Fabian C, Cho KA (2015). Direct regulation of TLR5 expression by caveolin-1. Molecules and Cells 38 (12).
- Lim JS, Nguyen KCT, Nguyen CT, Jang I-S, Han JM, Fabian C, Lee SE, Rhee JH, Cho KA. (2015). Flagellin-dependent TLR5/caveolin-1 as a promising immune activator in immunosenescence. Aging Cell 14: 907-915.
- Nguyen KCT, Muthiah M, Islam MA, Kalash RS, Cho CS, Park HS, Lee IK, Kim HJ, Park IK, Cho KA (2014). Selective transfection with osmotically active sorbitol modified PEI nanoparticles for enhanced anti-cancer gene therapy. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 119: 126-136.
- Nguyen, T.T.L., Ø. Moestrup, & Daugbjerg (2014). Planktic cyanobacteria from freshwater localities in Thuathien-Hue province, Vietnam. III. Phylogenetic inference based on partial phycocyanin sequences, morphological and toxicological characters. Algological Studies 144: 19–43.
- Nguyen, T.T.L., N. Daugbjerg, G. Cronberg& Ø. Moestrup (2013). Annamia toxicaet sp. nov., a toxic cyanobacterium producing microcystins from Vietnam: ultrastructural, toxicity and molecular approaches. Phycologia, 52(1): 25-36.
- Yoo MS, Nguyen KCT, Nguyen VP, Han SH, Kwon SH, Park YH and Yoon BS (2012). Rapid detection of sacbrood virus in honey bee using ultra-rapid real-time polymerase chain reaction. Journal of Virological Methods 179: 195– 200.
- KCT Nguyen, MS Yoo, SH Han, SH Kwon, YH Park and BS Yoon (2010). Generation of specific monoclonal antibody against recombinant Major Royal Jelly Protein 1 (MRJP1) from Honeybee (Apis mellifera). Korean J. Apiculture, 25(2):129-135. No IF.
- KCT Nguyen, Yoo, MS, Kang MH, Han SH, Yun CH and Yoon BS. (2009) Development of Real-time PCR assay for the detection of Sacbrood Virus in Honeybee (Apis mellifera L.). Korean J. Apiculture, 24(1):15-21. No IF.
- KCTNguyen, MS Yoo, CH Yun and BS Yoon. (2009).Over-expression of Major Royal Jelly Protein 1 from Apis mellifera L. in E. coli. Korean J. Apiculture 24 (3): 167-173. No IF
- Nguyen, T.T.L., G. Cronberg, H. Annadotter & J. Larsen (2007). Planktic cyanobacteria from freshwater localities in ThuaThien-Hue province, Vietnam II. Algal biomass and microcystin production. Nova Hedwigia, Stuttgart, Germany, 85: 35-49.
- Nguyen, T.T.L., G. Cronberg, J. Larsen & Ø. Moestrup (2007). Planktic cyanobacteria from freshwater localities in Thuathien-Hue province, Vietnam I. Morphology and distribution. Nova Hedwigia, Stuttgart, Germany, 85: 1-34.
Products and Services
- Collection of microalgae strains of diatom, and Cyanobacteria.
- Providing algae varieties.
- Providing in vitro seedlings of plant kinds: medicinal plant, rose, orchid and industrial plant.
- Providing short-term training courses on in vitro cultivation of plants, isolation and microalgae culture…
- Providing process of producing organic media from agricultural residues.
- Providing process of organic melon (Cucumis melo L.) production.
- Providing the production process of straw mushroom, abalone mushroom, lingzhi mushroom…
- Providing process of in vitro orchid production process without air conditioning room.